by Jonny E
Wow!! Well what can we say!! This show was realy awesome and am only just coming down from it.
We cueued for hours in the sweltering heat(from 7am)to guarantee a place in the bombshelter. Although all our fears (from Manchester)were soon put at our ease by the very informative staff at Twickenham (much respect and praise due to them from 6am - 11.30pm).
Highlights of our day
1) Prime position - front row - within feet of runway. (what we had queued hours for!!)
2) Being blessed by Bono's drinking water - twice during Vertigo (will never wash again!!)
3) Seeing Bono release a "Happy Fathers Day" balloon (that had been given to him by the girl stood behind us in line) and he watched this drift out of sight.
4) Electic Co - Awesome version and glad to see this live.
5) Adam being within feet of us and thanking us as we hailed his presence on the runway.
6)Stunning perfomances of COBL, WOWY, One and Elevation.
7) Great to hear Zoo station - fond memories of Wembley and Roundhay 93.
All in all there is too much good to say. From start to finish the concert "rocked" and we sensed that all those around us were feeling it too.
On our journey home we were overwhelmed and summed this up in one word "privileged" to have experienced such an awesome performance by the best band in the world!! (not at all biased)